Invitation to participate in the tender for the purchase of freight electric locomotives and passenger electric locomotives
- News by RSS
|Date:||31 January 2019|
|P51052-002 UZB: Railway Efficiency Improvement Project|
|Contract No. and Title:||PIU-05: Procurement of 16 Freight Electric Locomotives and 8 Passenger Electric Locomotives|
|Deadline for Submission of Bids:||3 April 2019, 15:00 hours (local time)|
1. The Republic of Uzbekistan has applied for financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Railway Efficiency Improvement Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The Joint-Stock Railway Company "O'zbekiston Temir Yo'llari" (the “Purchaser”) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Contract PIU-05 “Goods”, comprising Two Divisible Lots:
· Lot 1 - Freight electric locomotive 16 units
· Lot 2 - Passenger electric locomotive 8 units
Each Bidder may submit its Bid Proposal for either individual or both lots:
Details and specifications are provided in the Bidding Document.
3. Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications may participate in this bidding. Should the bidder be a Joint Venture, the compliance requirements are specified in the Bidding Document.
· Submission of audited financial statements or, if not required by the law of the Bidder’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the Purchaser, for the last 3 years to demonstrate the current soundness of the Bidder’s financial position. As a minimum, the Bidder’s net worth for the last year calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive.
· Minimum average annual turnover of:
(I) Lot 1 US$ 100 million;
(II) Lot 2 US$ 40 million;
calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last 3 years.
· Successful completion as main supplier within the last 5 years of at least 2 contracts for each lot, each contract valued at:
(I) for Lot 1: US$ 80 million
(II) for Lot 2: US$ 30 million
with delivery volume, nature, and complexity similar to the scope of supply described in Section 6 (Schedule of Supply).
· For the above or other contracts executed during the last 5 years, a minimum experience in the following key activities:
The Bidder shall demonstrate that the goods offered:
(i) have been in production for at least 5 years, and for each lot
(ii) have been sold a minimum of 50 units of similar type for each lot over the last five (5) years, out of which at least 20 units shall be supplied to the countries with similar railroad conditions (i.e. CIS, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia);
(iii) have been in operation for a minimum of 5 years.
The Bidder shall provide a documentary evidence of type and parameters for each item, quantity, buyer, term of contract.
Please refer to the bidding document for the complete evaluation and qualification criteria.
4. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Document at the address given below from 09:00 to 18:00 hours starting 31 January 2019.
6. To obtain the Bidding Document in English at no cost, eligible bidders should:
· write to the address below requesting the Bidding Document for PIU-05: Procurement of 16 Freight Electric Locomotives and 8 Passenger Electric Locomotives
7. Deliver bid:
· to the address below
· on or before the deadline: 15:00 hours (local time) on 3 April 2019
· together with a Bid Security as specified/described in the Bidding Document
Late bids shall be rejected.
8. Bids will be opened immediately after the bid submission deadline in the presence of bidder’s representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 15:00 on 3 April 2019.
9. "O'zbekiston Temir Yo'llari" will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.
10. The address referred to above is:
Joint-Stock Company "O'zbekiston Temir Yo'llari"
Attention: Mr A.M. Djuraev
Head of PIU, Room 340
7 Shevchenko St, Tashkent 100060
Fax: 998 (71) 238-8449
Phone: 998 (71) 237-9195; 998(71) 237-8710
- IFB for PIU05 (24 locomotives)_final_clean 31.01.2019.docx doc, 194 Кб КБ
- print version