Joint-stock company«O'zbekiston temir yo'llari» is formed on November 7, 1994 on the basis of the former Central Asian railroad located in the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan. The total developed length of the main roads of the company makes about 3645 kilometers today. More than 54, 7 thousand people work in the company. Annual goods turnover of the company makes about 90% of total goods turnover of all means of transport.
Now the structure of the company is reformed radically. The special attention is paid to privatization and privatization of separate areas.
The main activities of the company are:
- forwarding and cargo delivery by rail;
- repair and maintenance of railway cars;
- passenger, tourist traffic;
- service, updating of locomotive and carriage park.
The priority direction for the company is implementation of the following investment projects:
- strengthening of communication channels with application of fiber-optical lines;
- purchase of a new rolling stock (electric locomotives and cars), and also modernization of the existing;
- construction of new railway lines;
- electrification of the railroad;
- implementation of projects of capital track repair, the organization of release at plants of the company of elements of the top structure of a way, spare parts, etc.
The company has some projects demanding investment support and promising to bring big benefit to the investor at their implementation.
JSC “O'zbekiston temir yo'llari” since 1993 is the member of the Organization of the Commonwealth of the Railroads (OCR). The company has close connections with the international union of the railroads (IUR) and the Economic commission of the UN for the Pacific Rim (ESCAP). JSC “O'zbekiston temir yo'llari” carries out collaboration with the TRASEKA (a transport corridor of Europe-Caucasus-Asia) of the TASIS program of the Commission of the European Union.