Activity«Electronic Government» system development Center was established under the State Committee for communication, Informatization and telecommunication technologies of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the basis of the government decision (RCM No. 250 dated September 16, 2013), whose main tasks are:
• developing strategic directions for further development and improvement of "Electronic government" system on the basis of the analysis and research of global trends and the experience of foreign countries;
• providing a single technological approach on formation of Electronic government system, which provides a consistent mechanism design, development and integration of information systems, information resources and databases used in government organization, the organization of normative-methodical support of projects of "Electronic government";
• Arranging of a systemic reorganization of functional and operational processes of government authorities’ activity, preparation of proposals on optimization, improvement and implementation of innovative mechanisms for managing business processes associated with the provision of public services;
• conducting target analysis and preparation of proposals on improvement of the existing legal framework for the effective implementation of the "Electronic government" system;
• conducting systematic monitoring and evaluation of the implementation and development of information and communication technologies, including the study on the effectiveness of implementation of information systems and resources, conducting system of rating on the implementation effectiveness of information and communication technologies in the activities of state bodies within "e-Government" system
• developing a method for determining the key performance indicators of the effectiveness of the provision and use of online government services, the target indicators and implementation indicators of projects within the “Electronic government” system.
The ultimate goal of implementing E-government in Uzbekistan is the creation of a perfect e-governance, which is able significantly to improve the possibility of providing interactive services; accountability and transparency of the government authorities. The availability and individualized services; informing and effective participation of citizen in the political processes; the free information exchange; optimization of public services to individuals and businesses; support and empowerment of self-service of citizen; increase the participation of all voters in the election processes of administration and management of the country and others.
STRUCTURES AND HUMAN RESOURCE CAPACITY OF THE CENTERStructure of the «Electronic Government» system development Center consists of seven departments, each of which has its own tasks and consists of several divisions.
• The Department for Strategic Planning and Forecasting deals with formation of plans for implementation and further development of the "e- Government" and determination of the key directions of system development, in line with international trends as well as the preparation of special studies, collection and analysis of facts that affect the effective implementation of the system;
• The Department for the optimization of operational and functional processes involved in an analysis of existing processes and the development of proposals for optimization of functional and operational processes of the activities of the state and economic management, preparation of proposals for improving the delivery of public services to citizens and businesses within the implementation of "e-Government" system as well as the development of the methodology for determining the key performance indicators for provision and use of online services;
• The main objectives of the Department for analysis and assessment of the implementation of ICT include: analysis and evaluation of the implementation of ICT in public and economic administration, local authorities, as well as monitoring the state of ICT development in regions of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
• The Department for the development of information systems is responsible for the development of “e-Government” architecture and complex of information systems as well as the expertise of information systems;
• The Department for the development of information resources of “e-Government” system is engaged in the development of centralized databases of “e-Government”, departmental information resources, as well as the single interactive state services portal;
• The Department for the development of the "e-Government" system in the regions is involved in coordinating the Centers of computerization and developing the Customer support centers in regions;
• Along with other departments, there is the Department for the coordination of specialized structural units, which is responsible for coordinating the activities of the specialized units of government agencies and business management, as well as local authorities.
In addition to the above-mentioned departments, the structure of the Center includes administrative staff in form of Financial, International and other departments.
The personnel of the Centre for “eGovernance Development” varies and consists of both the experienced and the young professionals. More than 500 CVs have been reviewed by present in order to find right candidates for further work in our Center.